Returning for 2013
- Friday evening, or maybe Saturday
- Put your creative hat on and get out there and start filming (then editing ~)
- Looking for short films, within reason under 5 minutes if possible.
subjects to consider:
- trip / documentary
- All entries should be provided on DVD's. Assuming we are not over whelmed we should be able to show them all. There maybe awards...... ; )
- You do not need to attend to submit a film (although we'd love to have you there). We would like to have received all films by Sept 21th via mail. Again, DVD format (check it in your player to make sure it plays). This will give us the best quality movie to play.
At the 2011 Festival we had 5 films, and more in 2012, all of which were enjoyed!!
In 2010 we showed this piece and that has led to the idea of doing the festival. Perhaps this will get you thinking ( Yak #9 on Vimeo ).
We can't wait to see what we get from this community of creative energetic people .....
Questions? Contact: 79 Perryville Road, Rehoboth Ma, 02769 (Note, that's Rehoboth Massachusetts, Not Delaware )
Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you
to everyone who came and participated. We can’t say it enough. Another successful Delmarva Paddlers' Retreat is now a memory.
The 25th Delmarva Paddlers' Retreat will be from Oct 10 through the 13th, 2013. (For you numerologists that 10.10.13 to 10.13.13)
We are planning on doing it up big for our 25th. We have already booked Dogfish for the Wednesday night kickoff dinner and requested Alethea for our server again. Robin has started contacting guests for next year. Registration begins July 4th. That gives us all winter to plan and spruce up the on-line registration.
Chris B is putting together a photo album and looking for images. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 Delmarva Paddlers' Retreat is here!
There are 6 kayak builders on site. Our guests and participants will begin arriving Wednesday. Mentor training and peer paddles on Thursday and we start on the water instruction and workshops Friday.
The Event schedule has been placed under registration forms above.
The weather is forecast to be daytime in the 80s dropping into the 70’s this weekend and 60-50s at night, they have taken the rain out of the forecast. Right now the bay water is a balmy 68 degrees. That means speedos and bikinis for you northerners and drysuits for the folks coming from the south. But it is Delmarva and tradition dictates we will have a few hours of rain at least one day and chicken for at least one dinner. (Jim’s sticky buns too)
Robin Snow, has declared Kampe Rules this year. Kampe was at the Reteat several years back and started a donation bucket. $1 goes in for everytime you use the word "boat" when refering to a "qajaq". It is actually one of our better fund raisers.
See you at Delmarva!